Oct 19, 2010

Unreliability/Spontaneity pt.2

Credit Matthew Griffin, 2010
Antietam and crowd

I went to another show this past weekend at a friend's house of mine on 10 Gates Street (Main South) in Worcester, and yet again, per usual, showed up late (which actually wound up to be just on time, in my opinion). This was a house show, and a weekend, so naturally I had a backpack full of beer and a six pack in my own personal fridge (aka my stomach). I showed up just as the band Tremarche had finished setting up their gear and was about to play, so I moseyed on up to the front to see one of their very first sets (I think?) For one of their first shows Tremarche sounded excellent- especially for a three piece in a living room playing through equipment that wasn't theirs. The punk/hardcore influenced rock and roll had a groove to it that I haven't seen live in quite some time, and the trading of vocal patterns between the bassist and guitarist really kept the set upbeat, energetic, and fast paced. Kudos, props, and all that jazz (can I say that?) to those guys, it sounded great. The next band was Britney's Spear from Clark University, and I'm not going to lie or even attempt to review their set as I wasn't in the living room anymore.. Like I said, it was the weekend and I was too busy meandering about and mingling with friends. They played for what seemed to me to be a little too long, but I didn't exactly have a stopwatch either. The next band, Antietam from Worcester has been a staple to the community for quite some time and consistently puts on a very fun show - this one was no different. Everybody in the tiny 15'x10' living room was pushing one another, crawling on eachother, singing along, and all together having a good time. By this time, my own personal fridge was even more stocked, making their set even more enjoyable. 'Meat Wallet' is a particular favorite of mine (and others' as well it seems). After their set, sweaty and worn out, I left the house to go to another party and missed the touring band from New York, whom I wished I'd now seen (although I haven't heard anything positive or negative about their set). It was a fun night, but I can't really say I was in the right state of mind to really judge the quality of the music. Also, thanks to Matthew Griffin for taking pictures that evening, they came out looking great.

Links:
Antietam - http://www.myspace.com/antietamworc
Britney's Spear - http://www.myspace.com/britneysspear
Tremarche - I don't think they have a page up yet, I think they're waiting for new recordings. Update soon!

2 comments:

  1. hey man! this is Anthony from Tremarche! stoked you like the stuff! here's a link to our music tremarche.bandcamp.com and our whole self-recorded EP is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?gdojnsgmlm2zdkz! feel free to give it to anyone who'll listen! if you want a physical copy, let me know! dillingerfour72@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dude! good to hear from you, we'll have to hang out again soon. i actually got a copy from charlie the other day at synapse fest, it sounds pretty legit dude! i like the spraypaint job on it too

    ReplyDelete