Oct 6, 2010

Everyone's gotta start somewhere

I guess this is where I start. This is a blog primarily about music; something I love hearing, watching, being a part of, and discovering. It's also a blog about (some) people who disgrace the earth every time they pick up an instrument, creating wretched sounds unfit for hell, offending even non-sentient beings when they "play" even just one note. Okay, so most people really aren't that bad. But some are (and literally, they live across the street from me, it's realllly unfortunate. I've considered taking an old music book of mine and taping it to their door with a note that reads, "PLEASE use this, it helped me").  But ultimately, the point of this blog is for reviewing purposes; to voice my opinion on music events I attend, local or otherwise, to comment on the otherwise unheard of bands who deserve the recognition, and to offer critiques and reviews of recent recordings. I'll probably also spout bullshit, quick anecdotes, and links to things I find interesting/funny/etc etc.


I'll be attending this show on Saturday evening. If anybody gets a chance to read this beforehand, you're more than welcome to go! It should be a lot of fun, and it's quite a big lineup. This is the biggest photo of the flier I could find (??) so I'll list the bands on it:
IRON CROSS (D.C.)
FOR THE WORSE (Boston)
ANTIBODIES (Hyannis, MA)
ARMED RESPONSE
ANTIETAM (Worcester)
THE CLOZAPINES (Worcester)
YOU'RE UNDER ARREST
REVILERS (Boston)
WRECKONING (Worcester)
INSTITUTIONALIZED (Worcester)

10 bands- $10 - **18+**

I'm looking forward to these bands, especially Iron Cross.  It should be a lot of fun.



On October 16th, Wormtown Brewery (455 Park Ave, Worcester, MA) is hosting the first annual Oktoberfest at Union Station (2 Washington Square). They arere working with Luciano’s Cotton Club to give us some Massachusetts musicians, great beer, and lots of food. Lots of things I like quite a bit. The groups playing are Chris Reddy, Jack Babineau, Soulstice & The Franks. There's a $10 entrance fee.

Host       Wormtown Brewery w/ Luciano's Cotton Club

Date From October 16, 2010 6:00 PM
Until October 16, 2010 11:00 PM
Location
Union Station
2 Washington Square
Worcester, MA 01604


Price$10
Website http://www.wormtownbrewery.com/

Also, my cat will not shut up in the mornings. I'm gonna go take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment